Skip the trip—use our online services instead
We understand the recent news about COVID-19 has raised questions and concerns. The Pierce County Development Center follows guidance of Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department (TPCHD) in these type of health situations. We are working closely with our public health partners to ensure we take the appropriate steps at the right time to protect our staff and those we serve.
Your health and the health of those you care about are important to us. We want to protect our most vulnerable populations. Those at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 include:
- People with weakened immune systems from medical conditions or medical treatment
- Adults over age 60
- Pregnant women
If you are at a higher risk, the TPCHD recommends you take extra measures to distance yourself from other people and stay at home. In consideration of the well-being of all customers and staff, please use our online services, instead of visiting the Development Center.
Our online services are available anytime at piercecountywa.gov/ppw.
Please note: There may be delays in Health Department services at the Development Center as staffing adjustments are made to respond to COVID-19.
Tips for protecting yourself and your family
Extra steps are being taken to clean facilities and we encourage customers to take these steps to help prevent the spread of viruses, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
For more information visit tpchd.org/coronavirus
Thank you for your sensitivity and cooperation.