Apply for Family Wage Job Credits
The Family Wage Job Credit Program provides a one-time $275 credit per job to employers who create at least five new permanent family-wage jobs in unincorporated Pierce County after January 1, 2019.
- Applicant must create at least 5 new jobs with pay of 80% of annual household median ($52,197 for 2019), excluding employer paid benefits.
- Jobs must be advertised and filled after January 1, 2019.
- Family Wage Job Credit applications can only be accepted through December 31, 2024.
- Applicant must have applied, and paid for, one of the following permits/applications after December 31, 2016:
- Building permits
- Critical area review
- Traffic impact fees
- Sewer connection charges
- Land use actions, such as conditional permits and variances
Please contact the Development Center at (253) 798-3739 or by email.
Review Ordinance 2018-51s for more information.
Take advantage of this incentive while you can! This program ends on December 31, 2024.
Pierce County Planning and Public Works