The Birth to 25 Advisory Board (B-25 Board) is a newly created 19-member board tasked with proposing to the County Executive and County Council a long range plan with policy, systems, and environmental change recommendations to ensure the successful development of infants, children, youth and young adults ages Birth to 25. The Board will adopt a pro-social approach that engages children, youth and young adults throughout the age spectrum of Birth to 25 within families, their communities, schools, justice systems, health systems, nonprofit organizations, faith-based organizations, and peer groups.
B-25 has 1 vacant position to represent the K12 Education community. If you are interested in filling this seat, please apply by clicking here. Meetings occur the first Monday of each month, 9am - 11am.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: October 5, 2020 09:00 AM Pacific Time
Topic: Birth to 25 (B-25) Advisory Board Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
(253) 215-8782 or
(877) 853-5247 (Toll Free) or
(888) 788-0099 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 975 3404 0784
The membership of the B-25 Board will consist of 19 voting members who represent the cultural diversity of Pierce County, including: seven community members that can represent family perspectives and viewpoints (one from each of the seven County Council districts);
- one representative from a county-wide youth-serving organization
- one representative from K-12 education
- one representative from early childhood education
- one representative from youth workforce development
- one representative from juvenile justice
- one representative from Public Health
- one representative from the Behavioral Health community, including mental health and substance use disorder services
- one representative from a youth housing/homelessness organization
- one representative from the pediatric medical community
- one representative from the faith community
- one representative from the special needs community
- one young adult
The B-25 Board is also encouraged to add non-voting student members with a preference for young adults in the 18-25 age category and those who have utilized the above-mentioned services. The Board will meet at least quarterly and reports its findings to the Pierce County Council and County Executive. The Board will sunset December 31, 2021 and all 19 appointed members will serve until the sunset date.