Home Repair Options
All Income Levels
- State of Washington Department of Labor and Industries
- Ph: 1 (800) 647-0982
- Provides information on contractors, plumbers and electricians who are licensed and bonded in Washington State.
- Master Builder's Association of Pierce County
- Ph: 253-272-2112
- Refers people to members of Master Builder's Association.
Pierce County Human Services- Ph: 253-798-4400
City of Tacoma
MDC- within City of Tacoma
- Weatherization Program - Ph: 253-593-2336
- Energy Assistance Program - Ph: 253-572-5557
- City of Tacoma residents only
City of Lakewood
- Community Housing Programs
- Down Payment Assistance
- Home Repair
- Housing Rehabilitation
- Call for details and current eligibility, call 253-983-7754.
Other Home Repair Options
- Ph: 253-502-2741
- Free service to very-low-income seniors and disabled.
- Provides minimal home repair services, such as changing light bulbs or furnace filters, changing fuses in appliances, etc.
Rebuilding Together South Sound
- Ph: 253-238-0977
- Rebuilding Day Program
- Year Round Program
- 4019 S. Orchard St.
Tacoma, WA 98466
USDA Rural Development
- Ph: 360-704-7760
- For homeowners who are very low income in rural Pierce County only and occupy the property.
- Manufactured okay if lot is owned or long term lease available.
- Low interest loans for health & safety, weatherization, utility hookup/install or assessment, home improvement and other repairs.
- Grants may be available for applicants 62+ ($7,500 maximum) and for health and safety repairs only.
- May have loan/grant combos for eligible applicants.