Eye Care - Free Resources
Lions Club & Sight Life
Sight Life was founded by the Northwest Lion's Club and works with local Lion's Clubs to promote hearing and eyesight health. Services provided may include eye exams and eyeglasses (through the local clubs only) and hearing exams and refurbished hearing aids (at no or little cost) through the Sight Life Foundation. Individuals who want help must first contact their local Lion's Club and be referred to Sight Life.
Use the Lion's Club International website to locate a local club. Club names usually include the name of the city in which they are located. If without computer access, call the ADRC at (253) 798-4600 or 1 (800) 562-0332 for assistance.
Sight Life has a mobile screening unit that covers three NW states. Hearing and vision screenings for children are provided during the school year. Local Lions service clubs sponsor public screenings in the off season. Pierce County tends to schedule public screenings in the early spring. Contact a local club for information.
National Eye Care America Project
- Individuals must be 65 or older and must meet eligibility criteria
- Call 1 (800) 222-3937
- Program available for all ages
- Ph: 1 (800) 766-4466
- 234 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
LensCrafters Gift Of Sight Program
- Provides eye exams and follow-up care
- Ph: 1 (877) 753-6727
Mission Cataract USA
- Free cataract surgery to people of all ages who have no other means to pay
- Call 1 (800) 343-7265
New Eyes for the Needy
- Purchases eyeglasses for low-income needy residents of the US.
- Ph: 1 (973) 376-4903
- Offers free eye exam for people 65 and older who have not seen an ophthalmologist in three or more years
- Ph: 1 (800) 222-3937