2019 Filing Week is May 13 - 17
2019 Open Offices (Not final, subject to change)
A lot draw to determine the order candidates will appear on the ballot occurs after the close of filing on Friday, May 17, 2019. The process is open to the public and begins after the candidate filings have been proofed for accuracy. (Approximately 4:45 PM)
The offices listed below file for office through:King County
- City of Auburn, City of Pacific, Auburn SD No. 408 (Included in both Pierce and King County pamphlets. See King County for King County pamphlet requirements.)
- Yelm Community Schools (Included in both Pierce and Thurston County pamphlets. See Thurston County for Thurston County pamphlet requirements.)
The voters' pamphlet submittal process needs to be completed in one sitting. There is not an option to "save" and come back and finish. Have your biography information, statement, and photo ready before you start the pamphlet submittal process.
Please prepare the following in advance:
1. Biography - Word limit - 100
The biographical information must be 100 words or less allocated between four subsection headings.
Biographical information should be organized in accordance with the four subsection headings listed below. Subsection headings are not included in the word count.
- Elected Experience.
- Other Professional Experience.
- Community Service.
2. Statement - Word limit - 200 (4 paragraphs breaks allowed)
Each part of a hyphenated or slashed word will be counted as a separate word. (Example - "Around-the-corner" = 3 words)3. Photo
- You may submit one portrait photo - jpeg or .tiff (Head and shoulders) For best results use a light-colored background, (not white).
- Photos should be less than 1 MB, (If larger, photos take will take too long to load for the online guide.)
- Clothing or insignia that suggest holding a public office are not allowed (e.g., judicial robes, law enforcement or military uniforms).
- Color or black and white photo. (Color will be used in the online guide, and converted to black and white for the printed Local Voters' Pamphlet.)
Candidate photos from previous Local Voters’ Pamphlets are not available for reuse.
Candidates are advised to verify that they are in compliance with all state, county, and local laws.
Withdrawal of Candidacy Monday, May 20, 2019, 4:30 PM, is the deadline for a candidate to withdrawal. Filing fee is not refundable.
Archived Election Information
Looking for examples of candidate statements? See voters' pamphlets from previous elections.