Reporting for Jury Service
Instructions for Reporting
View online information about current reporting groups. You should have received a blue postcard, responded and been sent a summons if you accepted. Your summons will have your juror group number, parking pass and/or bus pass.
What to Do
24 hours prior to your summons date, check the reporting groups on the internet or by calling (253)798-7782 after 5 p.m. the evening before your scheduled appearance. Listen carefully for your group number. The message includes several sections. Instructions include:
- The group numbers called in for the next day.
- If you did not hear your group number, then listen to the rest of the message for your instructions.
Your Jury Summons
Your reporting date and group number is specified on the jury summons. You will report to room 123 of the County-City Building at:
930 Tacoma Ave. S.
Tacoma, WA 98402
The County-City Building does not open until 8:00 a.m. However, Courthouse Security will begin allowing Jurors in the building at 7:30 AM so long as you have your Summons or Juror Badge with you indicating you are currently on Jury Duty. As you enter the County-City Bldg. you will be scanned by courthouse security personnel.
Your term of jury service is generally one week. This time may be extended if you are selected for a trial which may take longer than your original service requirement.
Complete the Process
What if I cannot Serve or need to postpone?
- You should complete the four step juror response process by calling (253) 798-8808 or by logging into the juror summons response webpage.
- At this time, you will accept, postpone or request to be excused from jury duty.
- Please you may submit your medical and employment excusals requests online by email, by fax and by letter.
Failure to Appear
Failure to appear for jury duty is a misdemeanor pursuant to RCW 220.127.116.11.