Get social with us on Facebook! We are creating fun virtual activities as we move through the different phases of the Governor’s Safe Start reopening program. Engage in fun topics and conversations with your friends and family:
- Have fun with cooking, crafting, and getting dressed up on “theme-days”
- Come along as we explore and discover interesting nature in your own backyard and community.
- Listen to some of your favorite stories read by some of your favorite Recreation Leaders!
You’re invited to share ideas, invite friends, laugh with us and spend some time in our inclusive group for all abilities. Let’s be super social - at home.
Our Specialized Recreation received the Pierce County Standing Ovation Award for Vibrant Communities for our Facebook Virtual Programming. The Standing Ovation Award is given to Pierce County Staff who show creativity, innovation, and excellence in their job.
Facebook LIVETune in for fun activities to try on our Specialized Recreation Facebook group’s weekly Facebook Live adventures. We will chat about a new topic and/or activity on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. starting April 1, 2020.
We encourage you to keep checking this page for a current activity schedule, supply lists, and forms relating to each adventure.
- October 7 - Grit City Social at Meet Me in the Park activities
- October 14 - Great Shake Out information - A day each year we practice what to do in an Earth Quake.
- October 21 - Story time with Jen
- October 26 - Let's make candy popcorn
- October 28 - Pumpkin decorating
- November 2 - Nature butterfly craft
- November 5 - Thankful jar craft
- November 9 - Fun with pets and learn about the upcoming Virtual Pet Party
- November 11 - No show as we honor Veterans Day.
- September 2- Crafts with recycled material
- August 31 - Introducing Recycle Week
- September 9 - Tasty Treats made with apples. Due to technical issues the video will not posted but feel free to try out the Apple Pie Bites recipe and let Jenn know what you think on our Specialized Recreation Facebook Grouppage.
- September 7 - No show. Labor Day Holiday
- September 16 - Decorating with food, "Dog Food" book overview.
- September 23 - New program Nature Walk & Create
- August 5- All about the Pierce County Fair (raising chickens and gathering eggs)
- Tune in on August 3 at 2:00 p.m. - We’re making Scones!
- August 12- International Cats Day Celebration
- Tune in on August 10 at 2:00 p.m. - Meet Me in the Park staff
- August 19- Bird Week: Making homemade bird feeders
- Tune on August 17 - at 2:00 p.m. - All about birds and bird feeder supply list
- August 26 - Agents of Discovery
- Tune on August 24 at 2:00 p.m. introducing a new take on Virtual Club Pierce
- July 8 - Pumpkin Planting (Tune in Live on Thursday at 2:00 p.m. for Jenn’s camp updates)
- July 15 - Sports Fun - Special announcementreplaces scheduled softball activity,
- Tune in on July 13 at 2:00 p.m. for a soccer activity
- July 22 - Quarantine 19 Virtual Run
- Tune in on July 20 at 2:00 p.m. and learn about the Walk & Roll trails challenge
- July 29 - Water Safety with water Toys
- Tune in on July 27 at 2:00 p.m. and learn about swim safety
- May 6 - Bubbles & Chalk - Bubble Ingredients/Recipe
- May 13 - Reopened Park Tours & New Rules - Frontier Park
- Tune in on May 7 at 2:00 pm to tour Meridian Habitat Park
- Tune in on May 10 at 2:00 pm to tour South Hill Park
- May 20 - Air Fryer Desserts - Air Fryer Snacks Recipes | Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- May 27 - Gardening (No show on May 25, Memorial Day)
- April 1 - WE COOK! - Pizza Supply List | Pizza Instructions
- April 8 - Play BINGO - House Bingo Card | Nature Bingo Card
- April 15 - Do the Craft! - Craft Supplies List
- April 22 - Camping with Jen - Camping Supplies List & Instructions
- April 29 - Cooking: Making Desserts! - Sorbet Supplies & Ingredients | Sorbet Instructions
Thursday Tour & Trips
Take a trip with each Thursday at 2:00 p.m. as we explore different County parks and local areas.
Jabber with Jen(n)
Get ready to Jabber with Jen Spane and Jenn Sergent! Each week they will talk with a special guest, asking questions submitted by members of the group in an interview style setting on our Specialized Recreation Facebook Group.
The weekly show will air on Fridays at 2:00 p.m. starting April 24, 2020.
Friday Show Schedule:
- Friday, September 4 - Special guests Libby and Karen from Pierce County Planning and Public Works will share about how recycling is done in Pierce County.
- Friday, September 11 - Jenn will Jabber with special guest Chris, a program coordinator with Pierce Conservation District, about apple trees and gleaning in Pierce County.
- Friday, September 18 - Special guests Hansel the Arson dog and his handler. Hansel trained at the ATF and is now working for Central Pierce Fire and Rescue.
- Friday, September 23 - Special guest Hunter Henderson will share what's new with Pitch in for Parks
- Friday, October 2 - Special guest Kodi with Pitch in for Parks.
- Friday, October 16 - Special guests Kerry and Jenn with Haunted Headrights event.
- Friday, October 22 - Replay of our voting episode with special guest Julie with Pierce County Elections.
- Friday, October 30 - Special guest Shark Girl - Halloween Jabber
- Friday, August 7 - Special guest Shelly, Fair Manager for the Pierce County Fair, will tell us all about the fair’s history as well as how it’s been altered to be virtual this year in response to the pandemic.
- Friday, August 14 - Special guests Meet Me in the Park staff
- Friday, August 21 - Special guest Paula Larson who is an avid bird watcher.
- Friday, August 28 - Special guest is Parks’ very own Kerry Jack who will tell us more about Agents of Discovery, including what makes it such a great option for us right now and what we might expect in the future.
- No show July 3 for the 4th of July holiday weekend
- Friday, July 10 - Special guest Ben Monte Calvo with Parks Resource Stewardship, will share how some of our country trails are made.
- Friday, July 17 - Special guest Julie with Pierce County Elections will answer questions about voting, who can vote, accommodations for voting, and more.
- Friday, July 24 - Special guest Kim LeMay with Pierce County Parks, will share on what to expect on Pierce County Trails Day on the Foothills Trail.
- Friday, July 31 - Special guest Chief Micah with the Dive Team Commander for Pierce County Sheriff’s Scuba Division will share about safety in the water and lakes.
- Friday, June 12 - Special guest Zac Keener with Kemper Sports shared with Jen about golfing at Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
- Friday, June 19 - Special guest Ryan Misley with Pierce County Environmental Educator will share with Jen exploring nature.
- Friday, June 27 - Special guest Shamya, an amazing young adult, recent high school graduate, current college student, pageant contestant, and award-winning mental health and inclusion advocate, took time out of her busy schedule to talk with Jenn for this week’s Jabber with Jen(n).
- Friday, April 24 - Special guest Roxanne Castleman, Community Program Educator, from the Pierce County Department of Emergency Management shared with Jen on how to stay safe at home during COVID-19 and how to use 911.
- Friday, May 1 - Jenn Sergent will be interviewing Emily, who was a counselor at Camp Lots of Fun and who is now a member of the United States Air Force
- Friday, May 8 - Special guest Scott Hall, Deputy Director, from Pierce County Parks shared with Jen all things photography.
- Friday, May 15 - Special guest Jenn Sergent, Recreation Coordinator with Pierce County Parks.
- Friday, May 22 - Special guests Meagan Hutton and Jeremy Acree from Pierce County TV.
- Friday, May 29 - Special guest Mark Richards from Pierce County Parks shared with Jen everything you need to know about ice bumper cars.
Learn this fun camp song brought to you by our very own recreation staff!
Read about the program, including newsletters and an events calendar.
Browse information about the summer day camp designed for children and young adults with disabilities.
Summer camp specially designed for young adults ages 20-30 with disabilities
Club PIERCE provides enriching activities for young adults ages 20-30 years with special needs.
Mobile recreation program meeting in various parks throughout Pierce County. Meet Me in the Park is for all ages and abilities to increase social interaction in a safe and fun atmosphere.
Until we can meet in person, join us for the next best thing—virtual Club PIERCE!
Explore our County parks and trails in this fun challenge for a chance to win a prize.