The 2021 Foothills Dash also offers a virtual run option!
Run Virtually - April 16-18
Run In person - Saturday, April 17 on the Foothills Trail in Orting
Pre-registration Only Online
Participants of all skill levels and abilities who like to run, walk, or a combination of both, can be a part of the Foothills Dash from April 16-18, 2021. Run at your pace. Whether at home on the treadmill, on your favorite neighborhood trail or even at a local park, the options are endless.
How to Compete:
- Register for the virtual run.
- Run or Walk indoors or outdoors. You can also complete your challenge in multiple parts or all at once until you reach the 5K or 10K goal.
- After registration a race log will be emailed to you prior to the start of the event to keep track of miles and return to Pierce County Parks.
- Share your achievement with your friends and tag us on Facebook @piercecountyparks #FoothillsDash
Participants will receive:
- A runners bag
- A Foothills Dash race bib
- The first 60 registrants will receive a keepsake's medal
- Registration fee is $20
- Pre-register only, online by April 2, 2021.
April 17, 2021
Foothills Trail in Orting
5K, 10K, and Half Marathon
About the Run
The Foothills Dash is fun run/walk in Orting to benefit recreation programs for youths. This fun run/walk takes place on the Foothills Trail in Orting and is open to people of all ages and ability levels. The 5K and 10K courses are USATF certified. New this year is our Half Marathon. All courses start and finish at the Orting City Park. The Foothills Trail is paved and provides flat areas and easy slopes.
To accommodate social distancing requirements, participants are asked to pre-register only and select experience level with staggered start times. Registration will not be available on the day of the race.
- Pre-Registration online by April 2, 2021
- Registration Fee:
- $40 - Half Marathon
- $20 - Pre-registered 5K & 10K
- $10 - Youth 12 and under Pre-registered
- Register by selecting experience level and specific start times
Race packets will be available for pick up the week of the event:
- Wednesday, April 14 from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm at the Lakewood Community Center (map)
Start Times & Parking
Staggered start times: Half Marathon early start at 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. early start for all 5K and 10K runners.
Parking is available at the Orting Main City Park:
- Orting Main City Park (map)
Corner of Washington Avenue & Bridge St. SE
Orting, WA 98360
Refreshments & Proceeds
Light refreshments will be provided on the day of the race. All proceeds benefit recreation programs for youths and adults with disabilities.
Pierce County Parks and Recreation would like to thank the City of Orting, South Sound Running, and Tacoma Boys.
Running Shoe Giveaway!
Five pairs of running shoes will be given away in a random drawing the week following the event. The running shoes are compliments of South Sound Running!