Go To Search
Click to Home
Find a Department
Dependency Court
Information for Parents

Information for Dependent Youth
  • Dependent youth, ages 12 and older, are encouraged to attend court hearings. They should contact their social worker and CASA/GAL to make sure arrangements are made.
  • Youth, ages 12 and older, have the right to request an attorney. Decisions about assigning attorneys for youth are made by the Judge or Commissioner. Youth who want to request an attorney should notify their social worker and/or CASA/GAL.

Information for Potential Volunteers
The need for Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers is great. Nearly 700 children do not have a CASA. The Everyday Heroes video highlights CASA volunteers making a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children.

What does a CASA do?

For more information, see Volunteer Services.

National CASA Association

Contact Us
Janice Bridges
Dependency Supervisor SouthEAST Team 

Ph: (253) 798-7930 

Julie Lowery 
Dependency Supervisor SouthWEST Team 

Ph: (253) 798-7948
Staff Directory

To report child abuse, call (800) 562-5624

Info Advanced