Show All Answers
For Tacoma Municipal Court go to the City Attorney's office located on the 4th floor of the CCB. Defendants and spectators' parking will not be validated.
DAC WITNESSES ARE NOT VALIDATED FOR THEIR PARKING, they receive a witness fee and mileage only.
Animal Licenses: Auditor’s Office at the Pierce County Annex (253) 798-7427, Option 3
Against an Attorney: Direct any complaint against an attorney to:Washington State Bar Association2101 Fourth Avenue, Suite 400Seattle, WA 98121-2330(206) 727-8208(800) 945-9722
Court Commissioners/Pro-tem Commissioners: Originals are filed with the Clerk’s Office, Room 110
To serve as a juror you must be at least 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States, a resident of Pierce County and able to communicate in English. If you have ever been convicted of a felony, you must have had your rights restored.
After reading, please send your Summons back. Please mark the reason for an excusal. For postponements, please give us a new date within the next 4 months. To confirm your report date, return the Summons with your personal information filled out.
• Submit a letter on letterhead from your company or company you are employed for and have your supervisor sign it. • It must state they do not compensate for jury duty or it is an undue hardship to release you to serve.
• Submit a letter from your physician. • Do not send lists of medications or copies of disability paperwork we will not excuse you. • The letter must be completed by an expert in the medical field. Undue Hardship
• An undue hardship would be dependent care for your child or an elderly adult or disabled child or adult.• Please note if you are a caretaker of a disabled child or adult we will require a letter from their physician stating you are their primary care provider.
All Excusals may be sent, emailed or faxed to our office
• Jury Administration930 Tacoma Ave S, Rm 123Tacoma, WA 98402• Fax 253-798-7057• Email Address PCJuryOffice@co.pierce.wa.us
Not Qualified To Serve As a Juror In Pierce County
• Felony Conviction and rights have not been restored• Do not speak English• Not a US Citizen• No longer live in Pierce County.
Jury Duty Postponements
• You may postpone only ONE time up 6 months from the date you have been selected to serve Jury Duty.• Do not postpone to future date to obtain an excusal• Postponements may not be excused. Once selected it is a firm date, the court will expect you to serve on that date
Since there can be extended periods of time when you will not be required in the courtroom, you may want to bring a book or magazine. You may bring your laptop computer. There is free Wi-Fi internet access in the jury room. The jury room is equipped with games, puzzles, books, and magazines.
DO NOT bring any metal silverware, items with a sharp edge, or heavy metal belts/buckles.
Give yourself 30 minutes after arrival to find a parking space and to come through the County-City Building security check point.
Please be on time whenever you are told to report. This is especially important when serving on a case since the entire proceeding can be delayed because of the tardiness of one juror.