The Pierce County Auditor’s Office is opening a special appointment period to recruit individuals to write “For” and “Against” committee statements for the Nov. 8, 2016, General Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet in the following districts:
Committee members needed
- For and Against – Pierce County Council Proposed Charter Amendment No. 45 – Purchasing, Contracts, Claims and Bonds
- Against – City of Buckley – Emergency Medical Services Levy
- Against – School District 408 (Auburn) – School Construction and Replacement General Obligation Bonds
- Against - FPD 5 Proposition No. 1 (Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One) – Maintaining EMS Property Tax
These districts did not appoint committee members to prepare statements for the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Auditor’s Office to seek out and appoint up to three members to form the committee. District resolutions and explanatory statements can be found on our Nov. 8, 2016 General Election webpage
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2016, which includes:
- Committee appointments and participation; and
- Word limits, format requirements, and deadlines for statements and rebuttals.
- Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity
At least one committee member must be willing to submit phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet. Those interested who agree to the above responsibilities can email their name and phone number to email@example.com
. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.
The deadline to request a committee appointment is Aug. 5, 2016 at noon. The deadline to submit a committee statement is Aug. 5, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Individuals requesting appointment on Aug. 5 must be prepared to submit the statement by email on the same day. The Auditor’s Office is unable to extend the deadline.
Julie Anderson, Pierce County Auditor
Michael Rooney, Elections Manager