With the 4th of July quickly approaching we want to make sure the residents of Pierce County are celebrating safely! The Pierce County Fire Marshal has put together useful information to help guide residents.
Be Prepared… before you light fireworks
- Only use fireworks purchased from state licensed fireworks stands—illegal fireworks are subject to immediate confiscation and possible criminal charges.
- Store fireworks out of children’s reach.
- Keep pets safe indoors.
- Always keep water handy.
Be Safe… when lighting fireworks
- Only adults should light fireworks.
- Only use fireworks outdoors.
- Do not throw fireworks or hold in your hand.
- Protect your eyes.
- Light one firework at a time and move away quickly—never relight a “dud.”
Be Responsible… after you finish
- Soak used fireworks in water.
- Be considerate and clean up used fireworks.
- Remember firework debris belong in the trash, NOT the recycle bin.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
For questions about fireworks or any other fireworks related questions in unincorporated Pierce County, visit www.piercecountywa.org/fireworks. Please remember that in case of emergency always call 9-1-1.
Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Warner Webb, Pierce County Fire Marshal