A citizen’s petition to “Form a metropolitan park district in University Place” has qualified for the April 26, 2016 ballot. The Pierce County Auditor’s Office is opening a special appointment period to recruit individuals to write a “for” and “against” statement for the April 26, 2016, Special Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet.
A copy of the petition text can be found on our April 26th Special Election webpage. The ballot title and explanatory statement will be posted as soon as they have been prepared by the attorney for the City of University Place.
1. Be a resident of the district (City of University Place) and a registered voter for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
2. Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
3. Have ready access to email.
1. Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2016, which includes:
- Committee appointments and participation.
- Word limits and format requirements for statements and rebuttals.
2. Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity. At least one committee member must be willing to submit phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet.
Those interested who agree to the above responsibilities can email their name, residential address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which committee you wish to be appointed to (for or against) and include a short statement telling us why and how you are best prepared to be a committee member.
- The deadline to request a committee appointment is Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
- Appointments will be made by the Auditor by Friday, February 26, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.- The deadline to submit a committee statement is Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
- The deadline to submit a rebuttal statement is Friday, March 4, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
More detailed information regarding this election and voters’ pamphlet statement requirements can be found on the webpage
Julie Anderson, Auditor
Mike Rooney, Elections Manager