The Auditor’s Office announces the opening of a special appointment period. Individuals are needed to write “For” and “Against” statements for the November 4, 2014 General Election local voters’ pamphlet in the following districts:
- Town of Carbonado, Proposition No. 1 – Emergency Medical Services Property Tax Levy “Against” Committee
- Town of Eatonville, Proposition No. 1 – Excess Property Tax Levy for Public Safety Operations “For” Committee and “Against” Committee
- Graham Fire & Rescue (FPD #21), Proposition No. 1 – Property Tax Levy for Maintenance and Operation Expenses “Against” Committee
The Auditor continues to seek committee members for the following ballot measures:
- City of Tacoma, Proposed Charter Amendment No. 3 – Update Discrimination Provision “Against Committee”
- City of Tacoma, Proposed Charter Amendment No. 11 – City Employee Contracts “Against Committee”
- City of University Place, Proposition No. 1 – Additional 3.5% Tax on Utility Company Earnings for Police Services “Against Committee”
The districts did not appoint committee members to prepare statements for these measures in the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Auditor’s Office to seek out and appoint up to three members to form a committee.
District resolutions, ballot titles, and explanatory statements (if available) can be found on our current election webpage.
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email.
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2014, which includes:
- Committee appointments and participation; and
- Word limits, format requirements, and deadlines for statements and rebuttals.
- Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity.
At least one committee member must be willing to submit phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet.
If you agree to the above responsibilities, email your name and phone number to email@example.com. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.
The deadline to request a committee appointment is August 8, 2014 at 12:00 NOON.
The deadline to submit the statement is August 8, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Individuals requesting appointment on August 8 must be prepared to submit the statement by email on the same day. The deadline can’t be extended.
Cindy Hartman, Pierce County Deputy Auditor
Mike Rooney, Elections Manager
Whitney Rhodes, Assistant to the Auditor