Used by business executives, celebrities, golf professionals, and aviation enthusiasts, the Tacoma Narrows Airport is a relaxed South Puget Sound airport alternative to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and King County's Boeing Field.
TIW offers a superb Pierce County location, 24/7 IFR operations (including an ILS), a 5,002-foot runway, a control tower, jet fuel, and two fixed based operators (FBO's).
Airport to serve as assembly area for marathon April 30
On Sunday, April 30, the Tacoma City Marathon will use the Tacoma Narrows Airport as an assembly area and start point.
1. Runners will arrive by bus starting around 4:30 a.m.
2. Runners will assemble on the ramp in front of The Hub, the tower, the RAZ, and the old executive terminal.
3. The main race begins at 8 a.m.
4. The route out of the airport is north along the yellow line between 1524-C and the tie-down aircraft. At the north end of Bldg. C, they will turn right between HeliTrak and the t-hangars, and exit the airport through the North gate.
5. Pierce County will clean the ramp area when the runners have left; normal operations may begin at 9 a.m.
6. For any questions regarding road closures or race routes outside the airport, please email email@example.com or call 253-682-7535.